Float Project Home Page) |
How To Donate! |
Tournament of Roses FAQs
Fifinella Home Page
ROSE FLOAT DECORATING
If you are interested in helping to decorate the WASP float, being constructed by Fiesta Parade Floats, please contact KOW Julie Nichols at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone/text her at 850-217-3557.
Decorating the WASP float is an honor, but it is also hard work! Some things you should know:
For further questions or to sign up, please contact Julie Nichols.
- Volunteer slots are limited. You must sign up before December 10.
- The float will be decorated in Irwindale, California, about 15 miles east of Pasadena.
- Volunteers must commit to a minimum of an 8-hour shift. Shifts run from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. and from 4:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m., December 26 to December 30. In order to decorate on December 29 and 30 you will need to have decorated a prior shift. (This is a training issue.)
- For insurance reasons, volunteers must be over the age of 12.
- Jobs are assigned with many things in consideration: Years of experience, ability to follow directions, ability to tolerate heights and most of all ? patience! Jobs are assigned as needed, and many jobs do not involve direct application of flowers to the float. Jobs may include sweeping and cleaning, cutting and sorting, preparing materials (combing palm bark, ironing corn husks, crushing coconut, gluing the back sides of leaves and flowers) and applying floral materials onto the float. There WILL be "waiting around time", particularly at the beginning of a shift, and this is where your patience is greatly needed and appreciated.
- You can expect everything from warm days to very cold nights to rain, so please come prepared. Shoes must be closed-toed, sturdy and waterproof!
More at Contact Us