SWEETWATER HOMECOMING 2012 - "Home, Sweet(water), Home!" - May 25-28, 2012
- Thursday, Friday - May 24, 25, 2012 - Early Arrival if desired - fly into DFW and stay with the Granbury 99's at Pecan Plantation (contact Lana Kraeszig per RSVP letter below)
- Friday May 25, 2012
- 6:30 PM - Hangar Party at Granbury - Fundraiser for the WASP Musuem
- Saturday, May 26, 2012
- Flight to Sweetwater for those staying at Pecan Plantation
- Free EAA Young Eagles Flights for kids 8-17 yrs. - 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- Fly-In including Vintage WWII Stearman based at Avenger - 9:00 to 4:00
- Free Music /Re-Enactors/Displays/WASP Film /Activities 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- 9:00 AM - Honor Parade from Nolan Co. Plaza with Car /Motorcycle Show
- 10:30 AM Groundbreaking for Expansion Project.
- 11:00 - 2:00 Fifi's Famous French-fries & Cheeseburger Grill
- 11:30 - WASP Luncheon - Speaker: Nell Bright
- 2:00 p.m to 2:15 p.m. - Navasota High School National History Presentation
- 2:00 - 3:00 =- WASP Photos/Autograph Session
- 7:00 PM late afternoon - Dinner at the Museum - The Sweetwater Municipal Band provides wonderful WWII Era music at the evening gala at HANGAR ONE.
- approximately 8:45 p.m - Sunset Memorial Service - Dyess Color Guard
- Sunday May 27
- Flight back to Granbury with Brazos 99's for the lucky bunch - Pecan Plantation
- Evening Gathering?? (last year was a pool party!)
- departures either Sunday or Monday . . .
- Monday May 28 - Memorial Day
WASP Invitation and RSVP Letter