Nov 1, 2017 - The Texas Womens' University Foundation, which had not previously contributed to the Project, undertook and paid off the balance of the monies due Fiesta for their work on our float.
Sept 7, 2016 - WASP Elaine Harmon (44-W9) laid to rest in Arlington National Cemetery
Aug 2016 - 2016 EAA AirVenture
May 20, 2016 - SUCCESS: Campaign for Respect - Fighting Arlington National Cemetery's Refusal to Honor WASP Active Duty Service! (Public Law 114-158)
May 2016 - Homecoming in Sweetwater
March 10-12, 2016 - 27th Annual International Women in Aviation Conference
Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center (WAI)
Nashville, TN, USA
July - Aug - AIR VENTURE - Oshkosh, WI (contact: John Marsh - Air Venture Coordinator
May 20-24 - WASP Homecoming - Sweetwater TX & Glenbury Pecan Plantation
NEW YEAR's DAY! - Pasadena, California - TOURNAMENT OF ROSES PARADE - See WASP Rose Parade page for details . . . Donate!
Dec 10, 2013 - Deadline for float decorating volunteers - see Decorate! page . . .
Dec 2013 - PREP FOR ROSE PARADE
November 25th Release of
New Video on WASP!
Nov 11th: The WASP Story - Told on Al Jazeera at 9:PM Eastern Standard Time - filmed at Oshkosh and elsewhere . . .
Veteran's Day - NEW PBS Special Documentary Presentation "We Served Too: The Story of the Women Airforce Service Pilots" - http://www.wstthemovie.com/
Oct 12 & 13th - CAF AirSho Midland Texas (details) - great airshow where the WASP have enjoyed reuniting and sharing those wonderful airplanes
July 29 - Aug 6 2013 (OskKosh, WISCONSIN) -EAA Air Venture and Women Soar - Thanks to the Jesuit Retreat House and JOHN MARSH, the Wingtip-to-Wingtip designated coordinator ( John Marsh email@example.com -
May 24-29, 2013 (Sweetwater, TEXAS) - the annual WASP Homecoming hosted by the
SWEETWATER WASP MUSEUM and the Rio Brazos 99s (Pictures!)
December 2012 - March, 2013 - FLY GIRLS Exhibit at the Wings over the Rockies Air and Space Museum in Denver Colorado
April 9 - 14, 2013 (Kissimmee, Florida) - Sun N Fun Aviation Gathering -- Special WASP events Celebrating the 70th Year (WASP)
March 14-16, 2013
(Nashville TN) - WAI 2013 National Conference - (details:
WAI Link / Conf Brochure) - 7 WASP attended and the Rose Parade Project was announced!
May 25 - 27, 2012 (Sweeetwater, TEXAS) - the annual WASP Homecoming hosted by the
SWEETWATER WASP MUSEUM with help on Travel, Meals & lodging for WASP and an escort, POSSIBLE GROUNDBREAKING CEREMONY for New Addition to the Museum !!!Special Pecan Plantation 99's reprise of Operation Fifinella flying WASP out to Sweetwater (Details)
- Thursday, April 11: special events
- Friday, April 12: special forum at 11am Florida Air Museum
July 23 - 29, 2012 (OskKosh, WISCONSIN) -EAA Air Venture and Women Soar - annual gathering and week of airshows - the WASP generally stay at the Jesuit Retreat House and many participate in the Women Soar Program / JOHN MARSH is the Wingtip-to-Wingtip designated coordinator ( John Marsh - details to follow - expected attendees: Marty Wyall, Dot Lewis, Dawn Seymour, Jean McCreery, (any other WASP wanting to go should call immediately 920-231-9060 and speak to Trish)
March 8-10, 2012 (Dallas, TEXAS) - WAI 2012 National Conference - (details:
WAI Link / Conf Brochure)
October 7-9, 2011 (Midland, TEXAS) - Commemorative Air Force (CAF) Annual AirSHO - "Honor the W.A.S.P." In 2011 Committee has been formed to raise the expenses to cover as much of the travel and lodging expenses as possible as well as provide other amenities to those interested in attending - Details
July 25 - 31, 2011 (Oshkosh, WISCONSIN) EAA Air Venture and Women Soar - annual gathering and week of airshows - the WASP generally stay at the Jesuit Retreat House and many participate in the Women Soar Program run by Crissy Tonsi.
June 3 & 4, 2011 - Theater of War Productions - Sophocles' AJAX The Story of a Fierce Woman Warrior, at Women In Military Service For America Memorial, Arlington National Cemetery, WASP specially invited,
Presentations are free and open to the public. Seating is limited. To reserve a seat, RSVP by calling 703-533-1155/800-222-2294 or by emailing AJAX@womensmemorial.org. Please include number of people attending, date/time of performance, and contact phone/email. (For more information about Theater of War, visit: www.outsidethewirellc.com )
May 30, 2011 - MEMORIAL DAY - Many gatherings all over the nation, including:
- (Lancaster, California) Dedication of WASP Memorial - The dedication of a new Woman Airforce Service Pilots monument will be held on Monday, May 30, 2011 (Memorial Day) at the Veterans Court of Honor at Lancaster Cemetery at 111 E. Lancaster Blvd., Lancaster, CA 93535. The ceremony will begin at 10:00 AM and our guest speaker will be Colonel Dawn M. Dunlop, Commander, 412th Test Wing, Air Force Flight Test Center at Edwards Air Force Base, California. Col. Dunlop is a command pilot with more than 3,300 flying hours, primarily in the F-15C/E, F-22A, T-38 and F-16. She has combat time in the F-15E supporting Operation Provide Comfort. (from the EAFB USAF Biography, online).
The monument is being made from black granite with porcelain portraits of the four WASP from the Lancaster area: Margaret McAnally, 43-W-6; Irma 'Babe' Story, 43-W-6; Flora Belle Reece, 44-W-4 and Margaret 'Ty' Killen, 44-W-8. Recessed in the granite will be a U.S. Mint gold replica of the front and back of the Congressional Gold Medal the WASP received last year. A steel archway and Fifinella will top the granite monument, symbolizing the entrance to Avenger Field. On either side of the walkway leading up to the monument will be 38 engraved bricks to honor the 38 WASP pilots who were killed during their service. The bricks will have the the names, class and hometown of each of the 38 WASP.
The local community has really supported this monument with funds being raised by a local middle school, rotary club and the AV 99s.
Dayle DeBry, Manager, Lancaster Cemetery District,
111 E. Lancaster Blvd., Lancaster, CA 93535, 661.942.6110 / firstname.lastname@example.org / www.lancastercemetery.com
- May 28, 2011 (Sweeetwater, TEXAS) - the annual WASP Homecoming hosted by the
SWEETWATER WASP MUSEUM and promising to be one of the best ever, FREE Travel, Meals & lodging for WASP and an escort, special award-winning play about the WASP and Jackie Cochran, "Fastest Woman Alive", Special Pecan Plantation 99's reprise of Operation Fifinella flying WASP out to Sweetwater (Details)
- March 30, 2011 (NEW YORK CITY) - Outstanding Aviator Award presentation to the WASP during The Wings Club Annual Meeting.
More information about IAWA (International Aviation Womens Association) on our website www.iawa.org and on The Wings Club at www.Wingsclub.org (the Wings has almost 70 years of existence, IAWA is 22 years old). - Details
- March 5, 2011(Baltimore, Maryland) - Avenue Antiques, will be hosting a book signing on March 5 in honor of Women's History Month and the first anniversary of the Congressional Gold Medals awarded to the WASP (Women Airforce Service Pilots). Authors attending will be Amy Nathan ("Flying for her Country") and Connie Reeves, a former military helicopter pilot: (a novel: The Elimination Game).
This wonderful shop is run by Elissa Strati daughter of
Marcia Courtney Bellassai 43-W-3. Anyone who wishes to attend please contact her at email@example.com.
- February 24 -26, 2011 (Reno, NEVADA) - All WASP are invited to a gathering and dinner in connection with the Annual Meeting
of The Wingtip to Wingtip Association, (all WASP are Members) to be held in conjunction with the national gatherings of the
Women Military Aviators association and Women in Aviation International Association at
WAI National Conference Reno, Nevada. - Details
Betty Wall Flies a PT! at Fleming Field in South St. Paul on On August 14, 2010
- October 3, 2010 - DOLE Institute of Politics - Leadership Award Honor Ceremony (Kansas) -
attended by Marty Wyall, Dawn Seymour, Jean McCreery, Kate Landdeck
- September 28 - 30, 2010 - SoCal Mini-Reunion - Palm Desert, California - Presentation
of Jackie Cochran's Congressional Gold Medal on 29th, Air Museum on the 30th, at Embassy Suites, 11 WASP, 25 others attending, including
LtCol Jill Long (Remarks at Presentation)
- September 26, 2010 San Diego Padres baseball team chose the WASP to honor at its annual
salute to veterans game on Sunday, Sept. 26th at 1:05 p.m. here in San Diego. Vivian Eddy, Jean McCreery and Dot Lewis attended.
- July 21 - Aug 1 - OSHKOSH Air Venture
- July 15 - July 18 - BIRD MUSEUM - WASP CELEBRATION - Sandpoint, Idaho
- May 29 - 30, 2010 - SWEETWATER Homecoming , Avenger Field - TEXAS: Fly-In / Museum / Parade /
Banquet in Hangar One
- April 8 - TWU Founders Day Luncheon - WASP Honorees - Denton Texas
- March 19, 2010 - Aug 2011 - Exhibit: Indiana State Museum Indianapolis (featuring Marty Wyall)
- MARCH 8 - 12, 2010 -
WASP CONGRESSIONAL GOLD MEDAL - - Click Here for Links to Articles and the Press Coverage!
WINGTIP TO WINGTIP to start Membership Drive - Stay tuned
Wingtip-to-Wingtip Association HomePage
- February 25-27, 2010 WAI National Conference - Orlando, FLORIDA Disney's Coronado Springs Resort - 21st Annual Conference. For Info
- February 26, 2010 - La Quinta, California -
exhibit called "Women in Flight" opens Feb. 26th, and will run through May 29th. I'm looking for a speaker for the opening reception on Feb. 26th from 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. as well as any time during the exhibit. Most events are held on Saturday mornings.
Johanna Wickman, Museum Manager, 760-777-7189
- July 27 - August 2 - OSHKOSH Air Venture 2009 - featuring on Friday July 31 an All-Woman Air Show and honor to the WASP
- July 1, 2009 President signs legislation S.614 awarding Congressional Gold Medal to the WASP (Bee Haydu, Lorraine Rodgers, and Elaine Harmon in attendance - (presentation ceremony to be announced)
- Congressional Gold Medal legislation passes both houses!
- Kay Bayley Hutchinson & Barbara Mikulsky propose award of the Congressional Gold Medal to the WASP
- February 26 - 29, 2009 - WAI National Conference - Atlanta, Georgia - Hyatt Regency Hotel
__ ------> WAI Hall of Fame Pioneers Ceremony
- Nov 14, 2008, 11AM "The FLY GIRLS of WWII" Opening -
(AFN News Story
/ Fox News Story
) - - -
a reception in the Hall of Honor at the Memorial.
(This date is of some significance. On this day, 66 years ago, the first class arrived in Houston and gathered together at a hotel in downtown Houston. The next day, they 'reported in' at the Houston Municipal Airport, raised their right hands, took the 'Oath', and officially became WFTD trainees.)
WIMSA will be sending official invitations out to all the WASP.
This exhibit, which fills virtually the entire exhibit space of the memorial, will remain at the Memorial for a year,
providing perhaps the first real opportunity for all the nation's visitors to learn the story of the WASP. Link to Announcement
- Nov 12, 2008 - Proud Bird Restaurant - Los Angeles, CA - Luncheon Honoring Lost WASP, (attended by Dawn, BJ, Ty, others)
- Oct 31 - Nov 2, 2008 - Southern California WASP Mini-REUNION
Embassy Suites Hotel - Palm Desert, California
- 2008 WASP National Conference / Reunion Sept 24 - 28, 2008
2008 OshKosh AirVenture July 28 - August 3, 2008
SWEETWATER WASP MUSEUM
May 24, 2008 -
- The WINGTIP-TO-WINGTIP Association Formed - April 2, 2008 -
to manage the 2008 WASP National Conference
- EAA Sun & Fun - Florida
- WAI 2008 Conference - San Diego, Califorina - March 12-16, 2008
- Nancy Love Valentine - February 2008
- Southern California Mini-Reunion, Palm Desert, California - November 1-4, 2007
- 60th Anniversary of the US Air Force - Nealis Airforce Base
- Caro Bayley Bosca Memorial - Springfield OH
- OshKosh 2007 AirVenture
- Portland 2006 Reunion
- WASP Stores History / Yahoo Groups etc